Recipe Yield: 9 to 10 Pancakes (3 pancakes per serving)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 3 1/2 minutes per pancake
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup or Aunt Jemima Syrup
- Preheat griddle to 375°F or heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- In large bowl, whisk together pancake mix, cocoa and sugar until combined.
- Add milk, egg and oil; stir until large lumps disappear. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips. Let batter stand 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes; turn, continue cooking 1 minute. Serve with chocolate syrup and/or Aunt Jemima Syrup.
Note: Recipe can be prepared using 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Original Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix in place of Original. Prepare as directed in Steps 1-4 above. If batter seems too thick, stir in 1 tablespoon water.