Fig & Flax Oatmeal Bars
- 1.5 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 20 dried Mission figs (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla plant milk
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup of Quaker oats until a flour-like consistency. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Place dried figs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain figs (reserve some liquid). In the empty food processor, puree figs and 4 tablespoons of simmering liquid until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oat flour, remaining oats, flaxseeds, baking soda and salt. Add in oil, honey and plant milk. Stir until combined.
- Coat 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Press 1 cup of oat mixture into bottom of pan, spread on fig puree, and crumble on remaining oat mixture (will not cover top entirely).
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden. Let cool and cut into 12 bars. Keep leftovers in fridge for up to 5 days or frozen up to 3 months.
Tyler KrivichAssistant Account ExecutiveUnited StatesTyler.Krivich@fleishman.com312-729-3693
Miranda CoelloSenior Account ExecutiveUnited StatesMiranda.firstname.lastname@example.org