Recipe courtesy of Keri Glassman, MS, RDN / Nutritious Life
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 large, overripe bananas
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: honey or maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Coat your skillet with coconut oil and place into oven to preheat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Quaker oats, flax seed, baking powder, chia, cinnamon, and optional nuts.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry, and mix until well combined.
- Remove preheated skillet from the oven and pour in banana oatmeal, smoothing until even.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 4 slices to serve.
- Excess can be stored in the fridge or freezer, and reheated to enjoy!