Cherry Almond Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 packet rapid rise (instant) yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or crumbled almond paste (see note)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups pancake mix, sugar and undissolved yeast in bowl of electric mixer.
- In small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium-low heat until very warm (120°F to 130°F), stirring frequently (butter does not need to melt completely). Add to mixture in mixer bowl. Add egg. Mix on medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes, scraping bowl frequently. By hand stir in enough remaining pancake mix to make soft dough. If dough still seems too sticky, add more pancake mix as needed.
- Place dough on surface dusted with additional pancake mix (or use dough hook of mixer according to manufacturer’s directions) and knead until smooth and elastic, 3 to 5 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Filling, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll dough out on surface lightly dusted with additional pancake mix to an 8 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter evenly over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture, cherries and almonds or almond paste, pressing lightly into dough. Roll tightly from one long side. Slice into 12 equal pieces.
- Place pieces cut-side down in 9-inch round or square cake pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Cover; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until nearly doubled in size. While rolls are rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until rolls are light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together Icing ingredients. Add additional cream, if necessary for consistency. When rolls are baked, cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Spread icing over rolls while still warm. Serve warm.
Tyler KrivichAssistant Account ExecutiveUnited StatesTyler.Krivich@fleishman.com312-729-3693
Miranda CoelloSenior Account ExecutiveUnited StatesMiranda.email@example.com