Blueberry Cardamom Coconut Smoothie with Oats
Recipe courtesy of Cara Harbstreet, RD / Street Smart Nutrition
- ½ medium ripe banana
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla low fat kefir
- 1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice for blending to desired consistency
- Add a layer of ice cubes to the bottom of a high-speed blender. Layer all remaining ingredients on top of the ice, the cover and pulse several times.
- Once the ice cubes are broken apart, blend on HIGH until fully blended. Pause to scrape the sides of the blender if needed. If texture is too thick, gradually add a small amount of water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a glass, serve immediately.
Tyler KrivichAssistant Account ExecutiveUnited StatesTyler.Krivich@fleishman.com312-729-3693
Miranda CoelloSenior Account ExecutiveUnited StatesMiranda.email@example.com