Spiced Carrot Cake Oat Muffins
Recipe courtesy of Cara Harbstreet, RD / Street Smart Nutrition
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup carrots, finely-shredded
- 3/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 6 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tin by lining with muffin liners or spraying lightly with non-stick spray.
- To make the oat flour, measure Quaker Old-Fashioned oats into a food processor. Pulse until you get a fine, flour-like consistency. Measure the oat flour and remaining dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk gently to combine, then, set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Whisk together to combine.
- Carefully add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Fold together to combine, being careful not to overmix the batter. It will appear sticky and scoopable. Transfer the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops begin to brown. Insert a toothpick into the center to test doneness. If it comes out clean, the muffins are fully baked. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack, then serve.
Tyler KrivichAssistant Account ExecutiveUnited StatesTyler.Krivich@fleishman.com312-729-3693
Miranda CoelloSenior Account ExecutiveUnited StatesMiranda.firstname.lastname@example.org